Mega Millions is one of the most popular multi-state lottery games in the US, and one of the most wide-spread since you can play in 41 states as well as the District of Columbia and the US Virgin Islands. While the minimum jackpot is $12 million, rollovers and the millions of players who buy lottery tickets online ensure that the jackpot can reach nine figures very quickly. If you have caught Mega Millions fever, here is how to play Mega Millions lottery:
- Get a Mega Millions playslip and pick five numbers from one to fifty-six and a sixth Mega Ball number from one to forty-six. Each ticket will cost you $1.
Now some people would be astonished to hear about the fact that they can get to play Mega Millions playslip at just $1 but it is a true fact that many expert players can vouch for as it gives the vibes of Judi Bola Resmi or a modern Russian roulette in a casino but it goes without saying that it guarantees unlimited entertainment.
- You can also ask the computer to pick a random combination for you using the Quick Pick option. If you use this option, you can ask the computer to pick the five regular numbers, the Mega Ball number or all the numbers.
- For an additional $1 per ticket, you can also choose the Megaplier function to multiply non-jackpot prizes by two, three or four times, depending on the number drawn just before the drawing. How to play Mega Millions lottery Megaplier? Indicate that you want to avail of the Megaplier on your playslip and pay for your bet. The Megaplier is available in all US jurisdictions that offer the Mega Millions except for California.
Click Here To Learn The Lottery
- Submit the playslip to your local lottery retailer and pay for your ticket. Depending on where you live, your local state lottery may also offer you the option to buy tickets online on a subscription basis that lets you bet games weeks in advance.
- Watch the televised draws to see if you have won. Draws are held every Tuesday and Friday. You can also check the official website, where the winning combination is posted shortly after the draw is held. Some national lotteries also let you sign up for e-mail alerts and maintain a toll-free number to check results. To win the jackpot, you will have to match all the numbers. However, there are multiple prize levels that you win by matching various combinations of numbers.
If you’ve won, claim your prize. You have up to 180 days to one year to claim your prize, depending on how much you’ve won and what state you bought your ticket. To be sure of how much time you have before you forfeit your prize, check your state lottery rules. Generally, only adults eighteen years and above can purchase a Mega Millions ticket although Nebraska set the minimum age to 19 and Iowa and Arizona at 21; however, if a minor gets a lottery ticket as a gift, they can claim the prize
Now that you know how to play the Mega Millions lottery, what are your options for claiming your prize? You can choose between the annuity and the lump-sum option. The annuity option gives you the prize in 26 annual payments less any applicable taxes. The lump-sum option gives you your prize in a one-time payment based on how much money is in the prize pool. In California, however, prizes are determined based on total sales and the number of winners.